When you use STS rent a car, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data
This notice applies to users of STS services anywhere in the world, including users of STS apps, websites, features, or other services.
We may use Personal Data which you provide to us or we collect from you to:
- • Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- • Perform internal administration and operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- • Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Driver, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals or invites;
- • Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of STS and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- • Notify you about changes to our Services;
- • Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services;
- • Keep our Services safe and secure; and
- • Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may share your Personal Data;
- • With STS subsidiaries and affiliated entities;
- • With vendors, consultants, marketing and advertising partners, and other service providers who need access to such Personal Data to carry out work on our behalf or to perform any contract we enter into with them;
- • In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- • With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties to enforce or apply our Terms of Service, to investigate potential breaches or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of STS rent a car or others;
- • With third parties in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- • If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; With third parties in an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you
Your profile is password-protected so that only you and authorized STS employees have access to your account information. STS staff will never proactively reach out to you and ask for any personal account information, including your password.